Trailer & Horse-box servicing
Call us for with your requirements for horsebox & trailer servicing on 01226 217222.
We offer a service to keep your trailer or horse-box safe and fit for road use.
Regular servicing of your towing equipment will save you time and money!
It is a legal requirement to have fully operational rear lighting and reflective number plate.
Also IF braking systems are fitted to your trailer they MUST BE operational. Failure to ensure these systems are working can lead to points on your license and potentially a fine.
Trailer tyres also come under the same regulatory laws as tyres fitted to your vehicle, ie; defective tyres or tyres with no tread can lead to prosecution and points on your license. Please note ALL tyres have a “date of manufacture” you should check this as most trailer manufacturers and insurance companies recommend replacing tyres at 5 or 7 years of age at the most.
Trailer Servicing Prices
All trailer servicing include checks for
- breakaway cables
- coupling gaiters
- coupling dampers
- handbrake / brake cables & linkages
- jockey wheel
- hitch visual damage and wear checks
- tyres and wheel checks
- wheel bearing checks
- inspect for missing or broken wheel nuts/studs
- check for broken/missing side or front marker lamps
- broken or missing number plate lamps
- broken or missing rear lights
- check for tailgate/door catches broken or missing
- check reflectors & warning triangles
- visual inspection of A-frame stress points
- other major damage
Required components quoted per trailer as each job is unique.
All prices are + standard UK VAT
Do you have any questions for our experts?
Contact Barnsley Towbar
Unit 5, Harris Precinct
Phone : 01226 217222
Fax : 01226 217111
MON : 8:30am – 1pm
TUE : 8:30am – 1pm
WED : 8:30am – 1pm
THUR : 8:30am – 1pm
FRI : 8:30am – 1pm
SAT : CLOSED
SUN : CLOSED